DISH . diam: 22 cm.
Very finely moulded, with excellent silvery-blue design, illustrating a pair of birds ( one standing on a rock, the other flying ) , all under a bambou- tree, and along a riverside . On the large rim, 8 panels, decorated alternatively with floral and insect-design. ( repeated on the backside-rim section -) .
- period : WANLI MING : 1595 - 1605 .
- mark : EGRET . ( in underglaze-blue ) .
- refer.: this particular dish in : " Kraak Porcelain", M. Rinaldi , n° 264J.
- provenan.: Jacob GIELING ( Neth. ) , n° 2123.
- preservat.: 100% mint condition.
See special note on " Kraak Porcelain with the " EGRET " mark . Also according to M. Rinaldi, there are only 17 dishes with the same "egret" mark and decoration known.